It’s amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do to the interior of your home. Regardless of the room, whether it’s your kitchen, living room or bathroom, a new coat of paint can completely transform the space and turn it into something new.
In order to do a successful paint job, follow these tips to make sure the final results look smooth and professional:
- To avoid stripes caused by uneven layers of paint drying at different times, paint the full height of your wall in large strokes and don’t let your roller dry before dipping it back in the paint. Keeping the roller half soaked will let you paint better in even layers so that there are no stripes when it dries.
- If you’re not sure how much paint you’ll need for a certain room, it’s better to mix more and have some leftover paint as opposed to not having enough and having to open a new can. Paint colours can vary from can to can, so if you have to open a new one in the middle of your paint job there is a chance the colour will be slightly different.
- Do not remove the tape you’ve placed until you are certain that the paint is completely dry. It’s tempting to want to pull the tape right off, but it’s better to use a small knife to help cut the tape so that you don’t run into any problems with the paint film that has formed between the tape and the wall. If you remove the tape before the paint has dried, your hard work will go to waste.
- There is a specific order when painting home interiors, which goes as follows: paint the trim first, followed by the ceiling and then the walls. This will make the job easier and faster, so stick to this order if you can.
- Never paint over dirty surfaces because the paint will not stick as well and the finished look will look messy and unprofessional. Take the time to clean and scrub any dirty surfaces so that you paint over a clean wall and avoid the paint from chipping or peeling off.
- No matter how careful we are, spills and drops are bound to happen and it’s always better to have cotton cloths on your floor rather than plastic which can add to the mess and make it worse. Plastic is not only slippery but also harder to have it stay in place, so in order to avoid additional cleanup, stick to cotton if you can.
Painting your home yourself is a big task and while some people take on this job, many homeowners prefer to call in professional painters to guarantee perfect results. If that’s the case, contact We Do It Painters! They can handle commercial painting jobs as well as home painting projects so if you want perfection when it comes to painting services, We Do It Painters is the answer.